Our Professional Design Services Include:
- A free initial design meeting held at the home of the clients to discuss their needs and desires pertaining to the contemplated project including:
- View the home and/or property with respect to it’s design potential, solar orientation, views, neighbouring homes and architectural style.
- Discuss solutions, ideas and design concepts.
- Give an estimate for the design work to be undertaken.
- Answer any questions you might have regarding the project and the terms of engaging KB Design.
Please note: There is no charge for this meeting and there is no obligation.
- Documenting the property and gathering pertinent data, including taking full measurements, taking photographs and arranging a site survey for clients when necessary.
- Researching municipal by-laws pertaining to the set-backs, floor space and footprint ratios, height, zoning restrictions and land use.
- Preparing preliminary design drawings including floor plans and elevations. These drawings are usually drawn in 3D modeling format.
- Meetings with the clients to review and refine the preliminary design drawings.
- Preparing full working drawings and providing blue prints.
- Consulting as required to facilitate the clear communication of design intention between client and builder and/or the municipality.
- The guarantee that our working drawings will comply with the current British Columbia Building Code and will pass municipal by-law criteria for the issuance of a building permit.